These coffee filter turkeys are an easy Thanksgiving craft for the kiddos to make. They take about 20-30 minutes to create using some simple craft supplies. Kids of all ages can make this craft! That's what makes it so great! Just have younger ones help with coloring and the tie dye process, while you precut smaller pieces!
If you don't have these materials in your home, you can find them at the Dollar Store for a more affordable option, or wherever you prefer to shop for crafting supplies (i.e. Michaels or Hobby Lobby).
Round White Coffee Filters
Washable Markers (any colors work but for more a fall vibe use brown, red, orange, + yellow)
Brown Acrylic Paint
Red and Yellow Craft Paper
Spray bottle with water
1. Start by opening up the coffee filters + flattening them out. Draw on them with several colors of washable markers, however you or your kiddos prefer. This part is where your kiddo can be as creative they'd like!
2. Lay the colored coffee filter on a zip-loc bag and spray with water. Have fun watching the colors blend together creating a beautiful masterpiece! Set aside to dry.
3. Paint the clothespin with brown paint and a paintbrush. Set aside to dry.
4. Glue on the googly eyes. Using a hot glue gun will be best for quick drying, but you can also use tacky craft glue.
5. Cut out a triangle beak from yellow craft paper + a wattle from the red craft paper.
6. Glue the beak and wattle under the eyes.
7. Finally, once the coffee filters are dry, fold them in half and crinkle slightly to fluff them. Insert coffee filter into top clip of clothespin to be the turkey’s feathers.
And there you go! Now you have a cute little turkey friend! ENJOY!
Looking for more fun activities for kids? Check out our STEM Subscription Box of the Month! These subscription boxes for kids are ideal for keeping kiddos entertained with fun hands-on STEM activities throughout the month!