GIGIL's Elite Scientist STEM Kits create a fun learning experience from home. Our Elite Scientist Collection STEM Kits are an ideal alternative to in-person learning and a great option for homeschooling learners. These kits can also be used during summer break as an at-home summer camp option. Each lesson is taught by a California credentialed teacher using core education standards.
Each Elite Scientist STEM Kit Includes:
- 5 STEM lessons with 5 hands-on learning activities/ experiments
- Access Code to stream Learning Videos online
- A complete STEM Kit that will include supplies necessary to complete experiments.
GIGIL’s “Sound + Light” STEM Kit introduces the opportunity to explore how sound and light are created, how they travel and the importance they hold in our world.
- Lesson #1: How is sound made? Let’s explore and make a drum!
- Lesson #2: What is illumination? Children will construct their own box with pinholes to let light shine through.
- Lesson #3: Translucent, Transparent, Opaque.. oh my! Through the use of different materials kids will experiment with these 3 concepts.
- Lesson #4: How can we use light to communicate? Kiddos will build their own lighthouse!
- Lesson #5: How can we use Sound to Communicate? We will create our own “phones” for sound to travel through.
TK - 1st: "Sound + Light" Elite STEM Kit
*Some materials including basic household liquids (water, vinegar, etc.) are not shippable. On rare occasions adults may need to supply small portions of liquids or other common household items that are not practical for shipping (i.e. large mixing bowl) for use.